Miller-Joost House

By

Last modified post_modified; ?>. Initially published .

joost1.jpg The “Grand Old Man of Twin Peaks,” Behrend Joost, was united in marriage in 1874 to Miss Anna Miller, a native of Wisconsin and of German descent. Joost developed Sunnyside neighborhood in 1891 with a fortune he made from a contract to dredge the Panama Canal. Built in 1867 and protected as a registered San Francisco landmark, their home is the oldest left on Twin Peaks. It and its one-half acre of land at 3224 Market St. went on the market for $2.5 million in 2009. See more about the house at http://www.noehill.com/sf/landmarks/sf079.asp
Living room. joost2.jpgjoost3.jpg
joost4.jpgjoost5.jpg Double parlor.

Copyright © 2018 Jacqueline Proctor • Site by FWD:labs